BEAUTY TIP OF THE MONTH
10 HEALTH BENEFITS OF DRINKING LEMON WATER
Lemon is a natural energizer; it hydrates and oxygenates the body so it feels revitalized and refreshed! Health benefits of lemon are due to many nourishing elements like vitamin C, vitamin B, phosphorous, proteins, and carbohydrates present in it.
1. Reduces Fever. Lemon is a natural antiseptic and causes the body to increase perspiration, thus helping to regulate body temperature and reduce fevers!
2. Balances pH. Lemons are acidic, but they are alkaline-forming on body fluids helping to restore balance to the body’s pH.
3. Fights Cancer. Lemons contain 22 anti-cancer compounds, including flavone glycosides, which stop cell division in cancer cells.
4. Boosts Immune System. Lemons are rich Vitamin C and flavonoids that work against infections like the flu and colds.
5. Relieves Tooth Pain. In addition, lemon can also be used with salt water to relieve tooth aches and mouth sores.
6. Supports Weight Loss. A few drops of lemon juice in hot water are believed to clear the digestive system and purify liver, helping assist with fat and weight loss.
7. Decrease Wrinkles and Blemishes. Vitamin C in lemons helps to neutralize free radicals linked to aging and most types of disease and release toxins that cause blemishes. Drinking of lemon juice mixed with water and honey brings glow to the skin.
8. Natural Detox. It flushes unwanted materials and cleans your bowels. Lemons increase peristalsis in the bowels, helping to create a bowel movement thus eliminating waste and helping with regularity. Add the juice of one lemon to warm water and drink first thing in the morning!
9. Cures Throat Infections. Lemon is an excellent fruit that aids in fighting symptoms related to throat infections as it has an antibacterial property.
10. Alleviates Respiratory Problems. Lemon lowers blood pressure, blood sugar and increases the levels of HDL (good cholesterol).